Nutrients are absolutely essential for wound healing. While nature has its own way of working its magic on healing wounds, there are times when your body just needs a boost for healing. There are those who believe in the old school of thought that vitamin and nutrient supplementation should be done via a healthy diet. This holds absolutely true, however, recent studies have shown that supplementation may actually speed up the process of healing many notches.
What are the Nutrients which help in Wound Healing?
Protein is an essential component which helps repair damaged tissues. Cereals, mashed potatoes, egg, and pulses are good sources of protein besides meat.
Collagen is an important antioxidant for wound healing and Vitamin C is essential to help the body form collagen. Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits, papaya, and kiwi and you can also intake Vitamin C based supplements for better results.
Vitamin A is another important nutrient for the wound recovery process because it helps control inflammatory response, according to the Alternative Medicine Review. This vitamin can be found in carrots, squash, eggs, sweet potatoes and kale.
Zinc is known as being good for wounds since it helps maintain the strength of skin and the durability of mucosal membranes. It also boosts your immune system helping fight infections and heal wound faster. For foods rich in zinc, you can consume red meats, pumpkin seeds, and lentils.
Top Wound Healing Supplements
HealFast Complete Surgery & Injury Recovery Supplement by HealFast
- This all-in-one formula contains Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Probiotics and anti-inflammatory substances in the right amount to heal from extreme injury and surgery.
- It prevents depletion of nutrients which could lead to delayed healing and more pain.
- Contains physician crafted formula which is put together after a lot of research with ingredients supporting healing, reduction of inflammation and pain control aid.
- Usually given for any kind of tissue trauma and injury
- 3rd Party Tested under USP standards for additional safety.
- No unnecessary additives and all ingredients are certified safe for you.
How to consume: Consult your doctor. However, the recommended dose is 3-4 tabs twice daily.
BRUIZEX: Bromelain and Quercetin Complex
- This natural pineapple enzyme extract in the form of veggie capsules contains Quercetin, Bioflavonoids, Grape Seed &Vitamin C.
- All the above are great sources for pain, soreness, healing and bruising.
- Enhances healing of wounds especially post orthopedic and plastic surgery
- Get healthy, bruise-free skin and good health.
- Money back guarantee available
How To consume: For recovery post surgery, take 2 pills 3 times a day- for daily regular bruise care take 2 capsules twice a day.
This supplement is a high-quality whey protein modular. Since protein is one of the best nutrients for wound healing, this is often recommended by healthcare professionals. It can be mixed with foods or even administered via a feeding tube to patients with bruises, wounds or post-operative trauma.
- Contains 100% high-quality whey protein
- No compromise in the taste of food or drink when you mix it.
- Helps maintain muscle strength
- Contains no sweeteners, fillers or artificial flavors
How to consume: Mix it with any drink or food and consume it.
ProHeal™ Critical Care Advanced Wound Recovery Formula Liquid Protein Supplement
This protein supplement contains every ingredient known to help wounds heal faster and is great for quick wound healing and dietary management of wounds. It is a blend of hydrolyzed collagen as well as whey proteins, vitamin C, zinc, L-arginine and copper.
- Contains dual protein from both collagen and whey enabling quick healing process
- Provides all essential and non-essential amino acids
- Contains L-arginine, vitamin C, copper and zinc
- Sugar, fillers, dairy, gluten-free
- Good for stage 3 and 4 pressure ulcers
How to consume: To be taken orally
CALL (800) 337-6296 to buy from their official site.
Now for a wound-healing elixir-Juven drink! Juven® is a targeted This nutritional drink is designed to maintain lean body mass (LBM) and also support wound healing.
- Supports wound healing and boost immune function in as little as two weeks
- Use as part of a complete, balanced diet.
- HMB helps reverse muscle breakdown and increase protein synthesis
How to consume: Mix with food or drink and consume as it is flavorless and may not affect the taste of your food.